Proper characterization of viral vectors is a critical step in a gene therapy development lifecycle. Synplogen utilizes cutting edge analysis equipment to provide you with the characterizations necessary to push your development project forward.
Synplogen applies deep expertise and cutting-edge equipment to provide highly accurate characterization
and quality analysis of your gene therapy vectors.
Synplogen can provide this service for vectors not produced in-house upon request.
Next generation sequencer
Automated western blots
Viral vector characterization examples
- ・Multiple evaluation sets can be performed upon request (e.g. qPCR and dPCR comparison, ELISA and qPCR comparison, etc.)
- ・CCC purity testing by capillary electrophoresis and sequencing can be applied to plasmid DNA as well upon request
|Attribute||Evaluation item||Synplogen analytical capability|
|Strength||Genome titer||qPCR, dPCR|
|Infectious titer||TCID50 (qPCR), Plaque assay|
|Vector particle titer||ELISA, MA-DLS|
|Potency||Cell based (Western blot, RT-PCR)|
|Identity||Vector genome||NGS, Capillary electrophoresis|
|Particle protein||Western blot, Capillary electrophoresis|
|Purity||Host cell DNA||dPCR, qPCR|
|DNA raw materials||dPCR, qPCR|
|Truncated DNA||NGS, (qPCR, dPCR)|
|Host cell protein||ELISA|
|Ratio full/empty||HPLC (IEX), Capillary electrophoresis|
|Charge heterogeneity||Capillary electrophoresis|
|Residual reagent||ELISA, Bradford, HPLC (RP)|
|Safety||Aggregation||MA-DLS, HPLC (SEC)|
|Replication competent virus||qPCR, ELISA|
Select "Gene therapy vector preparation/characterization" from the contact form and submit your request details.
You will be contacted shortly by a Synplogen representative. Please also provide information regarding the nucleic acid and vector.
(An NDA/CDA can be signed if necessary.)
Synplogen's technical staff and safety committee will determine whether your request can be accepted.
If your request can be accepted, you will be provided with an estimate for the services. After receiving confirmation of your order, the requested work will begin.
*For joint R&D inquiries and technical questions,
please use the same contact form.
(Therapeutic vector characterization service to begin within 2021, gradually starting up as each characterization type becomes available)
- Viral vectors provided by Synplogen may only be used for research and may not be used for clinical or diagnostic applications. If the provided samples are used for anything other than research, Synplogen accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may arise from such use.
- If viral vectors are necessary for commercial use, please make this clear in your inquiry. A licensing agreement may be necessary.
- Follow all direction and guidelines for treatment and handling of viral vectors which are provided by law, ordinance (laws governing use of GMOs/LMOs for the protection of biodiversity, local regulations for the appropriate biosafety level/containment measures, etc.) or safety authority (government body or affiliated organization).